Company / Organization: Cherokee Nation Entertainment
Date available: 03/17/2021
The Revenue Audit Supervisor I is responsible for overseeing the daily audit and reporting revenue activity/transactions, assuring revenue and compliance audits are conducted timely and in accordance with prescribed procedures. Recommend process efficiencies to management. The Revenue Audit Supervisor will review audit results, manage staff performance, and assist in the hiring/firing/performance evaluations of Revenue Audit team. In addition, the Supervisor will analyze financial data for accuracy, ensure unusual or noncompliant transactions/activity is properly investigated with results documented and communicated to appropriate management personnel, ensure timely and complete filing of IRS reporting, review and post journal entries for revenue activity, assist in reconciling financial information and accounts, and ensure records are maintained in accordance with CNE record retention policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
· Reviews work performed by Revenue Audit Team and Compliance Associate for accuracy and completeness.
· Ensures noncompliance and balancing discrepancies are adequately investigated with results documented.
· Performs follow-ups to ensure issues are properly addressed. Assist in the posting of revenue activity to the financial statements.
· Ensures required adjusting journal entries are properly supported and accurately recorded.
· Assists in the reconciliation of financial records and accounts.
· Assists in preparation of ad hoc reporting as requested by management.
· Assists in the scheduling/hiring/firing/performance management of department personnel. Manages the functional training of the Revenue Audit Team.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervises department and provides input towards hiring/firing/performance decisions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in an accounting related field and 0 years related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
· Prior experience in audit, accounting or bookkeeping.
· Must be proficient with Ten-key calculator.
· Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, decision-making ability and analytical skills.
· Must have experience with Business Line systems. Must have at least one-year functional experience guiding the work of others.
· Ability to obtain and maintain licensing by the appropriate gaming authority.
This position is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting. Requires handling of average weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours a day. Works involves moderate exposure to unusual elements as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
To apply for this position, please contact us using the information below:
Contact Person: Kyle McInerney